Press Release: Reese® R16 and R20 Fifth Wheel Hitches
January 7, 2013
Filed under Trailer News
Reese® launches new fifth wheels with features and durability unlike any other in today’s market.
Plymouth, Michigan – Cequent Performance Products’ has launched their newest fifth wheel hitches, the Reese R16 and R20. These fifth wheel hitches are unlike any other in the industry with features consumers appreciate before, during and after their RV travels.
No other fifth wheel in the market today has passed the rigorous Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) heavy duty accelerated cycle criteria J2638, until now. These Reese hitches are the first and only fifth wheel hitches to pass the 900,000 cycle fatigue and static tests.
Following the excitement of the 16,000 lb. R16 launch, Reese launched the R20 – 20,000 lb. version. To accompany these hitches, Reese has developed new outboard fifth wheel rail kits with customized installation brackets, as well as a new revitalized Reese Round Tube slider. The Reese R16 and R20 fifth wheel hitches have a limited lifetime warranty that Cequent Performance Products provides for all Reese fifth wheels, pin boxes and weight distribution systems.
Some of the key features:
NEW CONTOURED HANDLE
• Customized grip includes universal control instructions
• New control handle eliminates separate latch and high visibility for system lock and load
PREMIUM REESE ARCH
• Pin mounting holes better align with current rail kits, reducing looseness
NEW CAST HEAD & JAW SYSTEM
• Commercial durability and strength
• Improved head funneling for king pin to latch
• Patent pending king pin indicator is highly visible
• Cast, double jaw mechanism designed for longer wear, improved tolerances, and eliminating chucking in the jaw system
• Improved life and wear with added grease points
NEW CAST PIVOT BEAM
• Incorporates a vibration isolator system for vertical and longitudinal vibration dampening and improved ride
• Wider mounting for better stability and reduced wear
• Vertical height adjustment from 14” to 18”
• Head and pivot beam can be offset 1” front or rear to maximize performance
For more information on Reese, visit: www.ReeseProducts.com