Tire Manufacturers Raise Prices
June 1, 2010
Filed under Trailer News
Need new tires? Well, you might be hard pressed to find quality
brands at discounted prices. Due to higher material costs, manufacturers
of popular commercial tire brands have hiked their prices anywhere from
3 to 8 percent.
The following price increases are effective today, June 1, 2010:
- Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company has raised its prices on all consumer tires in North America 8 percent.
- Michelin North America Inc. raised prices on its U.S. replacement truck tires between 3 percent and 7 percent.
- Falken Tire Corp. raised medium truck tire prices up to 4
percent. Hankook Tire America Corporation will hike its medium truck
tire prices up to 6 percent.
- Continental Tire the Americas LLC raised its medium truck tire prices up to 7 percent.
- Toyo Tire U.S.A. Corporation raised its commercial truck and OTR tire prices up to 8 percent.
- Hankook Tire America Corporation raised its medium truck tire prices up to 6 percent.
- Bridgestone AmericasTire Operations LLC raised prices on its Firestone and Dayton brand truck and bus tires 6 percent.
Effective June 15, 2010, American Pacific Industries
Inc. (API) will raise prices on Gladiator medium truck tires up to 6
percent … And the list of manufacturers hiking tire prices is growing.