Again this year the National Park Service will offer several fee-free
days at more than 100 national parks that usually charge entrance fees.
Mark your calendar for the following fee-free days in 2011:
- January 15-17 (Martin Luther King, Jr. Birthday weekend)
- April 16-24 (National Park Week)
- June 21 (First day of summer)
- September 24 (Public Lands Day)
- November 11-13 (Veterans Day weekend)
Making the fun even more affordable, many national park
concessioners are joining the National Park Service in welcoming
visitors with their own special offers.
Here’s a tip – many of your 394 national parks NEVER charge an entrance fee. So start Planning Your Visit!
*Fee waiver includes: entrance fees, commercial tour fees, and
transportation entrance fees. Other fees such as reservation, camping,
tours, concession and fees collected by third parties are not included
unless stated otherwise.
For more information about the National Park Service, visit www.nps.gov.