Towing RV trailers and driving motorhomes requires an extra measure of
caution due to their greater weight, less maneuverability and longer
stopping distances compared to passenger cars. Therefore, drivers need
to be especially aware of potential hazards.
Here are the five most common causes of urban vehicle crashes in the United States:
1. Running a red traffic light or ignoring stop or yield signs.
2. Rear-end collisions, usually caused by following too closely.
3. Driving off the road and striking objects and/or rolling over.
4. Swerving into another lane.
5. Turning left in front of an approaching vehicle.